- 90 g amaranth grain
- 200 ml water
- 2 bananas
- a handful of marula nuts
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- milk (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Soak the amaranth grain in a bowl with enough water and leave it overnight.
- The following morning, rinse the amaranth under the tap (in a colander) and drain.
- Add the amaranth and 200 ml of water to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the bananas into slices and chop the marula nuts.
- Remove the amaranth from the heat and let it stand for about 10 minutes so that it thickens (porridge). You can then add some milk to it (to make it thinner or for the taste) and a little cinnamon and stir well.
- Divide the amaranth over two bowls.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a frying pan and fry the banana slices until soft. Arrange them on top of the amaranth porridge.
- Toast the nuts briefly in the same pan and sprinkle over the bowls.
- Drizzle with a honey.
- Enjoy your breakfast!