- 50 g amaranth flour
- 100 ml milk
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- oil or butter
- Put the milk and the egg in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Now add the flour and make a smooth batter. You can do everything in the blender, quick and you’ll get a nice smooth batter.
- Put a frying pan on the fire with a little oil and wait until the pan is hot.
- Pour half of the batter in the pan, until the bottom is covered with a thin layer of batter.
- Bake the amaranth pancake on both sides until slightly brown. Prepare the second pancake in the same way.
Amaranth pancakes have a slight salty and nutty taste, so they are very nice with savoury fillings.
But you can of course also eat them like regular pancakes, with sugar, fruit, etc.