A perfect cake for celebrating a hot Zimbabwean Christmas.
For the base: 11 ginger biscuits, 85g butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
For the filling: 1 cup condensed milk, 300g cream cheese, rind of 1 lemon, 4 heaped tablespoons baobab powder, 6 teaspoons ginger jam (with pieces of ginger removed), 1 level teaspoon of gelatine (dissolved in 2 teaspoons hot water).
- Crush the biscuits and mix with butter and sugar before lining the bottom of a spring form pan. Leave to rest in the freezer for a least 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatine in warm water and set aside.
- Warm the ginger jam and beat with the condensed milk, cream cheese, lemon rind and baobab powder. Fold in the gelatin, mix well before pouring over the biscuit base.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate until set (about 3 hours)
- Before serving, decorate the cheese cake with the blueberries.