- 400 g mixed raw nuts (such as Mongongo nuts, Marula nuts, or any other nuts)
- 150 g butter
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Pre-heat oven to 150ºC and pre-heat a frying pan. Add the oil and butter to the pan. Cook over a medium heat until frothy and add the honey.
- Add the nuts to the pan and cook until golden brown, shaking the pan regularly. Add the chilli paste and salt and mix well.
- Strain off any excess liquid and transfer the nuts to a large baking tray, lined with baking paper.
- Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes; remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- When completely cool, store in an airtight container. If the nuts become soft, repeat step 4.