1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 500g cowpea sprouts (see sprouting method)
- 200g amaranth leaves (washed and torn into shreds)
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh chili cut into fine rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or tahini/ sesame butter)
- Place a large frying pan or wok on the heat. Add the oil followed by the garlic.
- As the garlic begins to brown add the sprouts and amaranth leaves with 4 tablespoons of water. Cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add the spring onions, chili, cayenne, sesame seeds and sesame oil/ butter.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes then serve.