- 3 medium roadrunner (free-range chicken) or guinea fowl eggs
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 100g cowpea sprouts (see sprouting method)
- 100g amaranthus leaves
- Salt and pepper
- In a 20cm diameter heavy based frying pan, lightly stir-fry the shallots, sprouts and amaranthus in a little butter and sesame oil for the omelette filling.
- Remove the cooked filling from the pan and reserve in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a clean bowl and add salt and pepper and other seasoning to taste.
- Heat the pan and add a little more fat or oil.When hot, reduce the heat and pour the egg into the pan and swirl so that the egg covers the pan.
- After one minute, sprinkle the filling to cover half of the egg cooking in the pan.
- Allow to cook for about 30 seconds then using a spatula, flip the uncovered half of the egg mixture on top of the half covered by the filling.
- Cook for another minute then serve.