- 4 bunches of Rosella leaves
- 2 onions peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp water or as needed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 bird’s eye chilli
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion, turmeric, chilli powder and half the garlic. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add the Rosella leaves and the rest of the garlic and water.
- Cook for about 10-12 min before adding the chopped chilli. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with steamed brown rice or sadza and a meat or bean dish.