By Peta Searl
An adaption of a South Indian pancake which is traditionally made with black beans.
To make it you need a food processor or hand mixer
- 225g cowpeas soaked in water over night
- 2cm cube of ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Bunch of coriander
- Oil for frying
- Using the food processor blend all ingredients together add a little water to make a thick batter.
- Well grease a frying pan over a medium heat. Place a large wooden spoonful of batter into the center of the pan. Let it sit for a few seconds then lightly press on the centre of the pancake. Using a spiral motion, smooth the pancake out. Let it cook for 2 minutes and then flip over and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Stir the batter before making another pancake.
Serve with a multi green coconut relish
- Using a mixture of greens, mustard, chard, kale, dandelions roughly chop and steam lightly.
- Put in a food processor with some lime zest, dessicated coconut, garlic and ginger add a little olive oil. Blend until smooth.