Thanks to Real Foods for this recipe
- 2 Butternut
- 50g Popped Amaranth
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tub of Feta
- 1 tub of Magic Dressing
- Curry leaves
- A pinch of cumin, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon
- Roast the Butternut. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Slice your butternuts in half length-ways and scoop out the seeds. Coat the bottom of a baking tray with olive oil and a grind of salt. Place the butternut halves cut side down on the baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Chop the Spinach. Wash the Spinach, trim off the all white stalks and chop into ribbons. Place in a colander and pour a kettle of boiling water over.
- Make the Stuffing. Remove the butternut from the oven and scoop out as much of it from the skin as you can without tearing the skins. In a mixing bowl mix the butternut, amaranth, curry leaves, spices, half of the cranberries and magic dressing. Tear up the blanched spinach and fold it in. Place the stuffing back in the butternut skins and sprinkle 1/4 of the feta on each half as well as the rest of the cranberries.
- Bake, Remove, and Serve. Place the butternut halves back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the feta is soft and melting. Remove, serve and enjoy! Serving Suggestion: So good with oxtail stew on a cold evening by the fire!