Recipe from ZimboKitchen
- 300g okra, cut into rings
- 150g plain flour
- 150g millet flour
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Rinse the okra and cut it widthwise into 2cm long pieces.
- Place the flour, millet flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Working in batches, dip the okra pieces in the beaten egg then toss in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour from the pieces and place on a separate plate or bowl. Repeat until all the okra is coated.
- In a pan, heat enough oil for a shallow fry over medium high heat.
- Add the okra pieces and fry until they are just starting to turn golden. Then add the sliced onion and fry together until the onion is just cooked and the okra is golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop the fried okra and onions out of the oil and allow to drain on a cloth or paper towel. Sprinkle with additional salt as desired. Serve hot.