Recipe from Community Technology Development Trust
- 4 large cooked sweet potatoes
- 1chopped onion
- 1 carrot grated
- salt to taste
- 1/2tsp periperi
- 1/4 barbecue spice
- 4 Tblsp barbecue sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- 500gm breadcumbs
- 4 Tblsp self raising flour
- mash the cooked sweet potatoes
- saute the carrots, onions add spices
- Add the mixture into the sweet potato mixture and add beaten egg and sieved self raising flour.
- Mix to a stiff dough and shape into fingers
- Put bread crumbs in a plate and roll the fingers. Either shallow fry in fat/dmargarine or bake in a moderatly hot oven at 180 top shelf until cooked and brown, but not burnt.
- Serve as a savoury snack.