Marula Nut Logs
Recipe courtesy of Charlie’s Kitchen
- 3 cups marula nuts
- 1 ½ cups marula nut butter (recipe follows)
- ¾ can (385g) of sweetened condensed milk
- 4.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 425g marshmallows (2 bags)
- baking paper
- Roast nuts in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant. Set half of the toasted nuts aside.
- With the other half, prepare the nut butter by blitzing in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine nut butter, condensed milk and oil, stirring frequently until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the marshmallows. Stir the mixture lightly—two quick stirs to just combine but not to break up the marshmallows.
- To assemble the bars, divide the remaining toasted nuts in two parts and spread one half on a piece of grease proof paper set in a baking tray. Next spread the marshmallow mixture evenly across the layer of nuts and then sprinkle with the remaining toasted nuts.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill.
- Cut into bite-sized rectangular “logs” and enjoy! Fantastic with a drizzle of melted chocolate over the top as well!