- 4 tablespoons taro flour (made by boiling then drying and pounding the taro)
- 250ml chicken broth or 1 chicken stock cube
- 50g brown sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baobab powder
- 80ml fresh double cream
- Mix the taro flour with the chicken broth.
- Bring to boiling point and simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium low. Stir in the sugar, salt and black pepper; cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cream.
- Serve with a swirl of cream or sour milk and amaranth groundnut rolls.
Use fresh cooked taro instead of flour and blend or mash
Replace baobab powder with 1/4 teaspoon of ginger.