Thanks to Debbie Fourie for this recipe sent in by Ruvimbo Chidora
- 250g bacon chopped
- 1 onion
- 150g mushrooms
- 15ml butter
- 1tsp mixed herbs
- 150g cooked, drained amaranth leaves
- 200g grated cheddar cheese,
- 2 eggs, 1 cup plain yoghurt,
- 2tbs self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Fry the bacon, onion and mushrooms in butter. Add herbs, amaranth leaves and pepper.
- Mix up and layer on the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Beat egg, milk and four over ingredients in the dish.
- Bake for 30min or till set and golden.