Thanks to Real Foods for this recipe.
- 1/2 head of Broccoli
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 1 piece Ginger
- 1 tub Homemade Red Curry Paste
- 1 tin Nyimo Beans
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tub of Creme Fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the Vegetables: Peel the Pumpkin and chop into bite sized squares. Dice the tomato and onion. Wash and grate the ginger. Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Roast the Pumpkin. Place the pumpkin in a baking tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Sauté the Onion, Garlic, and Tomatoes. While the pumpkin roasts heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a deep non stick pan. Crush the garlic and add it to the pan along with the onion and ginger and sauté for 5 minutes. Add curry paste, mix well, and then add the tomatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add the Nyimo Beans, and enough water to just cover the contents of the pan.
- Add the Pumpkin and Broccoli. Remove the pumpkin from the oven, add it to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and a little more water if need be, and simmer for another 5 minutes or until tender. Season well with salt and pepper and squeeze over the juice of half the lemon. Cut the other half into slices and add to a mug of hot water to drink while you eat. This is excellent for digestion!
- Garnish and Serve. Spoon the curry into two bowls. Add a dollop of creme fraiche to each bowl and using scissors snip and sprinkle over the coriander leaves and devour!
Serving Suggestion: Add 4 pre-browned boneless chicken thighs to your pan with the pumpkin if you want to add some protein to this delicious curry and braise for 20 minutes before adding the broccoli.