By Peta Searl
• One onion, chopped
• One red pepper, chopped
• One tin of tomatoes
• One tin of nyimo beans or 250gms dried nyimos, soaked and boiled
• 4 eggs
• Seasoning either coriander and turmeric or basil, marjoram, and oregano
• Fresh basil, parsley or corriander
1. In a frying a pan which has a lid, fry one onion and one red pepper, add a tin of tomatoes.
2. Season with either coriander and turmeric – if you are feeling the call of the East or basil, marjoram, and oregano if you hear the call of the Mediterranean).
3. Allow to simmer for 30 mins.
4. Add a tin of nyimo beans, and crack 4 eggs into the sauce.
5. Cover and allow to cook on medium heat for ten minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh basil, parsley or coriander.
7. Serve with avocado and a lemongrass, lime, garlic and chilli pickle.