Recipe from Chirumba High School
- 2kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1kg shamba (wild melon), peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 250g dovi (peanut butter)
- 1kg mealie-meal
- Sugar to taste
- Wash and clean the pumpkins and wild melons. Peel each, then cut in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Chop the pumpkin and melons into small pieces.
- Add the pieces to a pot, cover with water and simmer for about 30 minutes until soft.
- Add the mealie-meal and mix well, breaking up the pieces of soft pumpkin as you stir. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the mealie-meal is soft.
- Add the dovi and sugar (to taste) and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Serve hot.