Recipe courtesy of Chef Kuchi
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ dried wild mushrooms
- 1-3 chilies, chopped and seeded
- 1 bunch pumpkin leaves, cleaned
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 180°C and roast the sweet potatoes for an hour, or until soft.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the centers, leaving the jackets.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the filling. First, blanche the cleaned, chopped pumpkin leaves in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes until soft, then drain well.
- In a medium pot, heat enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan then the onions and chilies (1-3, depending on desired heat) and fry until soft then add the chopped tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Pour boiling water over the dry mushrooms and let them soak for 15-20 minutes until soft. In a medium pan, add oil and fry the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste for 5 minutes or until slightly caramelized.
- Combine mushrooms and pumpkin leaves with the scooped out centers of the sweet potato and stir together.
- Fill the sweet potato jackets with the mixture and place under the broiler until crispy and browned on top.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle on top of the stuffed sweet potatoes and serve.