- 3 medium washed and peeled sweet potatoes
- 300g taro flour or tsenza flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 4 shallots or leeks
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 175g grated cheese
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Grate sweet potatoes in a bowl; squeeze as much moisture from them as you can using cheese cloth.
- Grate tomatoes; add shallots or leeks, garlic powder and salt
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Put in yam/taro flour and make dough.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Drop the mixture into the frying pan using a fork
- Fry until golden brown, turning as needed 1 to 2 minutes.
Variation: use taro tubers instead of sweet potatoes.